"I no..."
For the first time, Jack told me he didn't like a food on his plate. This being said, he continued to eat the food, so I think he just wanted a reaction from me. "I no like that!"
The other morning, I had a towel on my head getting ready. "Take it off, Mommy. I no like that!".
Last night was a bad night at the Todd household. Jack woke up at 4 am screaming for me. I let it go for a few minutes because he does this from time to time and then falls back asleep, but when it was obvious he wasn't getting over whatever it was, I went to him. Then I did what I knew I shouldn't do, but hey, I'm 6 months pregnant and I need my sleep! I asked if he wanted to come to bed with us. "Yes!" he said and I got him out of his crib. He proceeded to try to take every stuffed animal with him. He does nothing with these animals. He's never even liked stuffed animals, but for whatever reason, as time has gone on, he wants them in his bed. I didn't let him. We already have 2 live animals in our bed, so instead I talked him into bringing only his blankets (B-E, which is his little lovie, and 2 bigger blankets). As we're walking through the house he said "Ooh, dark! I no see!".
He melts my heart
We proceeded to get into bed and it took 2 hours to get him back to sleep. I'm exhausted today, but it was probably the sweetest 2 hours ever spent with Jack. He's in an extremely needy phase right now. I don't know if it's all the changes he's recently experienced - potty training, no more paci, new classroom - or if it's in anticipation of what's to come. When Travis brushes his teeth, he looks at me and says "Hold my hand, Mommy." and he's asking for hugs and kisses constantly. I've reverted to rocking him at night before bed, not to sleep, but just to cuddle. I don't mind it one bit!
Anyways, back to last night. He covered Travis up with his blanket and kept patting my face, laying his head on me and kissing me. In the midst of all this, Travis and I had this conversation. Sorry if it's TMI, but I'm pregnant and that's excuses it.
Travis: I wasn't sleeping good either. By the time I got to sleep, I woke up and had to pee.
Me: I've learned to pee in my sleep. For whatever reason, I'm drinking a lot more at night and having to get up more.
Travis: Are you drinking caffeine?
Me: No, I haven't drank caffeine since I found out I was pregnant. Other than my juice in the mornings, I'm just drinking water.
Jack: I like water too!
Travis: You do? I like water too, but do you know what I like even better?
Jack: Milk!
Travis: Yep, I LOVE milk!
Jack: I love Mommy!
Curse words
Luckily, he hasn't been repeating curse words here lately, but more and more of his other words are starting to sound like curse words.
BS:
Sitting at a table in Rafferty's a few weeks back with my parents and sister, Jack said what sounded like "BS!". We later figured out he was saying "Bounce it!".
I pi$$:
Remember, we're potty training, which makes this one even more fitting for the times. I don't even remember what brought it up, but my dad, Jack and I were at home and maybe Oswald was on? Jack looked at Dad and said what sounded like "I pi$$!". Dad looked at me in amusement and confusion. I guess he thought I was teaching Jack to tell me that when he had to go. I quickly told him he was saying "octopus".
Funky without the 'n':
This one is the latest and it by far takes the cake. The other day I was filling his sippy cup and he pointed at it and said "That funky (but no 'n', so you know what I heard)." I had him repeat it and even called Travis to try to get him to repeat it to him, but we couldn't figure it out. A day or so later, my parents were here and Jack was dancing. Dad told him to do the funky chicken and Jack obliged. Now we know.
2 comments:
These are awesome!!! I laughed out loud at the exchange between you 3 while laying in bed. And "funky" is an awesome story, too.
This is one of my favorite posts yet. The "curse" words are hilarious!
Post a Comment