Friday, August 7, 2009

What's in a Name?

I have to say picking out names for the boys has been one of the easier tasks of both pregnancies. I wanted family names and didn't even look at a name if it wasn't in either family. In fact, I really didn't do much looking at all. Jack Alan was obvious. It's Travis's middle name, my grandmother's given name (my great-grandfather wanted a boy, so when he had a girl he named her Jack anyways - she goes by Jacque) and Travis's grandfather's nickname. Alan is my dad's middle name. That was that.

When I found out I was pregnant again, I was at a loss for another boy name. Jack was such a given that I had no idea where we would ever find something so simple again. Then it hit us...

Marshall Veazey

Marshall was Travis's grandfather's name. We both love the name. It's different, but not trendy. Veazey is my mother's maiden name and I can't have enough kids to pay tribute to all the influences that family has given me, so I lumped them all together. If asked, Jack will already tell you his baby's name is going to be Marshall and it's music to my ears.

No comments: