Friday, August 14, 2009

More Tales of Mr. Clean

Friday is my day "off". I put it in quotes because although I don't have to go into the office, I usually end up working from home during Jack's naptime and working around the house and running errands with him when he's up. It ends up being a more exhausting day than if I had gone to the office, but it's nice to have the extra day with him and the extra time to get things done, so I can enjoy my weekend. Today has been more pleasant than some because I've had extra help. This morning while putting on my makeup in the middle of piles of laundry in the bathroom while Jack was looking at magazines at my feet, he disappeared. I heard the laundry room doors open and rushed to see what he was getting into. I found him walking into the laundry room with an armload of dirty clothes that I never notice disappear with him. I said "Are you doing laundry?" and he smiled and said "I gonna keen (clean) it." as he walked to the washer. Of course, the washer was going, so I had to convince him to drop the pile at which time he decided to Swiffer. Once that task and the load in the washer were done, he proceeded to help me fold and hang up the clothes and load the washer and dryer. It was the best morning!
I wish I had Blogger at my fingertips because Jack is constantly doing noteworthy items. Our latest favorite quote of his is "I do!". Example is we were at the grocery this morning and he grabbed a bottle of ranch dressing. I said "You don't need that." and he said "I do!". Sometimes it's "Uh huh, I do!". Our absolute favorite was the other night at the dinner table when he wanted to get down. He said "I done!" and I said "Jack, are you sure you're done?" and he replied "I do, I done!". Maybe you had to be there.

2 comments:

liz said...

I LOVE Mr. Clean stories!! Wow, the swiffer stuff was amazing enough, but now laundry?!? Go Jack!! You can borrow one of Kate's dolls and teach him how to diaper! That will come in handy.

Courtney said...

Send Jack to my house!