Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jack Alan Todd Monkey

For as long as I can remember, we've been calling Jack "Monkey".  These pictures pretty much show you why.  One day when picking him up at preschool, his daily report said that they were learning their first and last names.  I thought to myself "He's got this!" and promptly said "Jack, what's your name?" to which he replied "Jack Alan Todd Monkey".  "No, Jack, Monkey is just a nickname we call you.  It's not really your name.  Your name is Jack Alan Todd."  His response?  "But I want to be a monkey!"  Case closed.

This jumperoo was by far Jack's favorite baby toy.  Marshall is just now old enough for it, so we just got it out and here it is on day 1.  I cannot believe Jack finds this entertaining, but he does and whatever.  I let him.

Travis bought this headlamp and he and Jack have a game they play after bathtime where they turn out all of the lights in the house, Jack wears the light and leads the way from our bathroom to his room.

Something HUGE for Jack this summer is he can now ride his bike!  We are so excited since we bought it for him last summer for his birthday.  I can't believe how much he's improved just in the month since he started riding it.

I have to say this is one special little boy.  I met with his teacher just a few weeks ago for his progress report and her exact words to me were "He's got it!  He's got it all plus some!"  The only thing she said he could improve on is cutting with scissors and I have to say I'm not looking forward to him gaining that skill!

Watch out big brother!


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Keegan was also infatuated with the jumparoo and mike's headlamp. Too funny!