Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break in Paris

Isn't that everyone's dream?  Well, not Paris, France, but it was just as nice as a vacation in Paris, France to me because it meant a week of no cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.  Travis had to go out of town, as did the kids' sitter and Jack was on spring break.  I'm a trooper, but I'm not crazy!  I packed us up and headed to the place I still call home.

It doesn't get any better than pictures of my kids with my grandparents.  I'm so blessed to still have them in my life, but even more blessed that my kids are getting to know them.


Travis joined us on Friday and Saturday morning he and Daddy took Jack fishing at my grandparents' pond.  Jack caught 7 brehm and Travis said he loved it!  Wish I could've been there, but I know it was a special moment for the men.


Riley's birthday was the weekend we were home.  It was the first time Marshall had met a lot of the family.  The kids had a ball.


When out of town, we all sleep together.  In Paris, Jack sleeps on the floor by the bed on a Disney Cars air mattress.  I offer to let him sleep with me, but he loves his Cars bed.  Marshall sleeps at the foot of the bed in his Pack n' Play and the dogs sleep with me.  I have to say it's a pretty sweet moment right before falling asleep listening to both of my boys breath.  One morning, Jack woke up and then heard Marshall babbling.  He sat at the foot of the bed with his legs hanging over the side saying "Hi Marshall!  Marshall's awake!"  Before I knew what was happening, Jack was in the Pack n' Play with Marshall.  It scared Marshall and I both.  He started crying and then he realized his big brother was in his bed and LOVED it!  I captured it with my phone.

No comments: