Friday, April 2, 2010

St. Paul Preschool Easter Celebration

Marshall and I volunteered to help with Jack's Easter party today at school.  It ended up taking up all morning, but it was a great time!  We started out dying eggs.  Jack ended up with pink dye, which suited him just fine.  To be honest, he loves the color pink, which I have to admit as crazy as it sounds, bothers me a bit.
The little girl beside him is Palmer, or "Talmer" as Jack calls her.  About a month ago, his Bible teacher told me that she heard him say "Talmer hugging me!" in a disgusted manner.  She looked up to see Palmer with both arms wrapped around Jack.  I laugh just thinking about it!
Next was the egg hunt.  He cracked me up out there!  Each kid had to bring a dozen eggs and with a dozen kids, you do the math - tons of eggs not hidden in the least bit.  Jack would go to an area with 10 eggs, pick up one, leave all the others and then act excited and surprised when he found another egg.  To say the least, he has consumed his fair share of sugar from the candy stuffed in the eggs today.





After the hunt and some time on the playground, they ate lunch and then finished the celebration with an ice cream sundae party.  I discovered that Jack loves cherries or "berries" as he called them A LOT!
This big guy remains a big joy in our lives.  Some of my latest favorite stories:

Punis - According to Jack, a punis is a kind of doober (goober).  We were at school one morning pottying and he pulled his pants up and said to me "My punis hanging out."  I was stunned and didn't know what to say, so I adjusted his underwear and went about my business.  The next day, he said "My punis, my doober hanging out.", so I adjusted him again and went on.  That night, I told him that it is his penis, not his punis.  He told his daddy on the phone "A penis is a kind of doober."

Wemernade (lemonade) - Jack loves his wemernade and his favorite is Chikila (Chik Fil a).  The other day he said "This wemernade getting me nervous."

When I get big - Everything is "when I get big".  We saw a beer commercial and he asked what it was.  I told him it's a drink that big people drink.  I probably should have come up with a better answer, but it was all I had at the moment.  You guess it "When I get big, I gonna drink that too!"  Just yesterday he pointed to Travis's tattoo and said "When I get big, I gonna get a tattoo too!"

He told me he just wanted to go outside and relax.  What does a 2 year old know about relaxing?  He also told me to be patient when putting together a puzzle.  What will he say next?

I can't forget Marshall.  Speaking of patience, he was practicing it today while I carted him around in the car seat at school.

No comments: