Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jack as Star of the Week

Jack has been Star of the Week in his class for the past 2 weeks.  He's done this every year, but I believe this is the first year he's truly understood the meaning and enjoyed it.  I made this poster and on the first day he showed it to his class and told them about the pictures.  You can't see it really well, but it says "Lives for Holidays" and has pictures of him at Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  The "Big Brother" shot has Marshall pestering him in their Halloween costumes.  There's a picture of him dancing at MiMi's reception that says "Dancing Machine" and one of him kissing MiMi that says "He was in a wedding and got to kiss the bride".   The "Beach Bum" picture has him in the sand and there's one of him and Marshall with their backpacks that says "Enjoys School".  Others have a firetruck shot, a family one and a tractor pic.  Other than the poster, he brought donuts one day and cookies another and books almost every day.  He also got to hold the flag during the pledge, but I believe his favorite thing was being the line leader.

3 comments:

courtney said...

you did a great job on the poster. hope jack enjoyed his special week!

Judith @ Creating Balance said...

Mere's star of the week next week! Thanks for the reminder! ha!

Carla said...

Court-I must confess. The poster is from his star week a couple of years ago when I had more time and less babies taking up my time. I just switched out the pics and added the commentary.

Jude-Marshall is star of the week next week too. Sucks that I don't already have a poster made up for him to only swap out pics.