My grandfather is 83 years old and I have spent countless hours over my life working with him on his cell phone. Before now, it was just things like saving contacts on his phone, showing him how to change his ringtone (currently "When the Saints Go Marching"), how to check voicemail and he even learned how to save an old picture of my grandmother that shows when she's calling him. I text him often and send him pictures of the boys, but have never received a response...until now.
On January 3rd, I was home with the boys and while Marshall was napping, I was working with Jack on writing his name. I sent Granddaddy a picture of Jack's name that he had written himself and said "Jack is learning to write his name". The first text is the response I got. I couldn't believe it. I called him immediately and he was laughing when he answered the phone. He said he thought to himself "If my 3 year old great-grandson can learn to write his name then surely I can learn to text." and he got his phone manual out, laid his flip phone flat on his desk, took a pencil and pecked out the text with the eraser. The next day was my birthday and of all the birthday wishes I received that day, you can imagine which one was my favorite.

2 comments:
that's the best! you'll have to keep that text forever!!
I plan on it!
Post a Comment