Just a few stories and shots worth showing. Now that Marshall is walking, he is even more insistent on doing things himself and just like his brother. The other night, Jack wanted to help me in the kitchen, so Marshall tagged along and I was a nervous wreck. You can see all the pots on the stove. Well, Marshall kept standing on the stool and trying to stir the food with one of his spoons. I opened the dishwasher and asked Jack if he wanted to unload it. Jack and Marshall obliged. I looked up and here came the little one toddling accross the kitchen with a hand full of flatware, opened the drawer and dropped it in. Now I can't even open the dishwasher to load or unload it without him putting away the flatware. Could it be that I'm raising two Big Big's?
They do share at times. Jack got an ice cream cone and I shared mine with Marshall, but when mine was gone, was surprised to see Jack happily sharing his.
Jack got tired of it before Marshall did.
This is Jack showing his muscles. We have some work to do. Yes, he is eating dinner in underwear only. We have enough laundry without him changing clothes right before dinner, so if they get messed up at that point, we go without.
Marshall can climb on his rocking cow all by himself now.
Jack eating "hair soup" (raman noodles). These are a childhood favorite of Travis's whose grandmother called them "hair soup". I introduced Jack to them a few weeks ago and he requests this at least weekly.
Marshall insists on feeding himself and he's getting pretty good with a spoon.Jack got strep in January. It was the sickest I have ever seen him. When he started feeling better, he moved from the couch to the bean bag, but evidently, it wasn't elevated enough, so he put it on the recliner.
My little dishwasher demon.
After the big 1, I haven't posted much about Marshall's milestones. I don't actually know his measurements right now, but we do go to the doctor on Friday for his 15 month appointment, so I'll update if he's grown much. He has 8 teeth now and continues to eat anything and everything. He's walking 70% of the time and will usually make a couple of attempts to walk anywhere, but drop down and crawl if it takes too much effort. He insists on brushing his teeth with Jack every morning and night and it is pretty sweet to watch. He also has to put his toothbrush up himself or good luck prying it from his hands. He praises himself often by clapping and saying "Yay!" and will answer questions by nodding his head and saying "Yeah" or saying "Nanana". He plays a mean harmonica and I must get this on video and on the blog.
Jack is as loveable as it gets right now. Out of the blue, he is constantly saying "I love you, Mommy/Daddy." and we often have debates over loving each other to the moon, stars, ceiling, etc. The other morning, I said to him "I love you, Jack" and he answered me with "I love you too, sweet tea." Probably the funniest stories I have about him right now revolve around his "privacy parts" as he calls them when he's being PC. One night, I made him take a bath with Marshall because he wasn't behaving and taking a shower is a treat to him. He said "I don't like taking baths with Marshall because he grabs my goober!" You might be thinking "Bless his heart", but don't. Marshall only grabs it when it is being shoved in his face. Both boys think it is hilarious and it is beyond me how you make them stop without bathing them separately, which I refuse to do at this point. The next night before bath he said to Marshall "Marshall, is it okay if you play with your own goober tonight?" Oh me.











4 comments:
OH ME!!! Have fun and keep the great memories coming; it's comforting to hear others' stories seemingly similar to your own. :)
i love the nekkid kid at the kitchen table. it's a classic!!
I feel like I live in a circus some days. The less clothes the kids wear, the less I have to wash, fold and put away! Ha!
It's so fun to see what funny things are to come for us when Wade becomes mobile. Jack would fit right in at our house, as Lee strips down to his boxers as soon as he gets home.
Post a Comment