Last Saturday we went back to Martin to celebrate Chi Omega's 50th anniversary at the UT Martin campus. I have been beyond excited about this night for a very long time as my entire group of friends was returning for the celebration. Even Travis was pretty pumped because a lot of his friends married sorority sisters of mine, so they would be there as well. There were actually a few events that day that I missed for Jack's soccer game, but we made up for it that night. Beforehand, we "prepartied" (man I haven't used that word in a long time) at Donna Wilson's house with some pledge sisters of mine and their husbands. It was so good to catch up and I think we could have sat there all night visiting and actually missed the party.
But a lot of people put in a lot of hard work for the event and 700 people were expected, so we finally loaded up and went to The Gap, The Opera House and The Lindell to join the fun. The three locations are side-by-side in downtown Martin and I have to say it was absolutely perfect. The Gap is an outdoor patio, where The Magi performed. The Opera House is the restaurant next door and The Lindell is just for events like this. Most of my pictures are of the same people. I didn't even bring my camera in, so I just took what I could get from others and the quality isn't the best.
Me and these two go way back, almost 20 years to be exact. Our friendship started when we all three made the freshman cheerleading squad in high school and I'm confident it would have started much earlier than that had we not all gone to different elementary and junior high schools. We ended up rooming together throughout college and Subo and I actually took the majority of our classes together. Lindsey lives only minutes from me now and we still don't get together often enough. Subo lives in Paris and we make a point to do dinner or play dates as much as possible. To most people in Martin, we were just known as "The Paris Girls".
Thirty-seven of us pledged in 1996 and there are about a dozen of us that still keep in pretty close touch. We went on spring breaks, threw wedding and baby showers for each other, spent bachelorette nights together and now that the weddings are over and the babies are here we don't get together often enough. We're already planning another reunion for later this year.
Judith and "The Paris Girls".
After the party was over, we all headed accross the street to our old hang out, Cadillacs. Not much has changed. We didn't want the night to end and I'm so sad now that it's over. Sadly, this is the only picture of Travis and I that I have from that night.






No comments:
Post a Comment