Jack has always been a big kid, so it seemed ridiculous to ever buy him a trike. I regret that decision and have already done things differently with Marshall. When Jack turned two, we bought him a 12 inch bike. He couldn't really ride it until last summer after his third birthday and by the time he was 3 1/2 he had outgrown it, so Santa brought a 16 inch. He is doing so well that last week we started taking family bike rides around the neighborhood. Well, everyone was on a bike except me. At first he was a little apprehensive going down hills and kept braking to the point we could hardly go. This was my view of him on our ride this week.
He was running off and leaving Marshall and me. I did get this closer up picture of our big boy on his big bike. I have to note that we're already had to raise the seat on the new bike, so I'm wondering how long it will last before we have to bump him up to a 20 inch. He is growing like a weed!
Daddy is home! I've made mention that Travis has been traveling to Jackson, MS a couple of times when I've blogged about us visiting him. What I didn't give details on was the extent of his travel. Starting Monday, January 17th Travis left home for Jackson only to return on Friday and that routine was repeated until just a couple of weeks ago. When he took this job with AT&T he knew that 50% travel was required. At the time, he had been unemployed for 2 months and the job market wasn't looking any better, so we were just happy to have an offer from a company as big as AT&T. Eight of the first nine weeks on the job were spend on the road in training. The time spent in Memphis from September to January seemed to fly by and we were back to the same old routine of only seeing him on weekends. This would continue until May or June and be repeated again next year and every year after that he worked in this position. It took a toll on all of us. Jack made claims that his daddy lived in a hotel and would ask when Daddy would be living with us again. It was heartbreaking for him more than any of us. Both boys missed Daddy, as did I and I was exhausted holding down the fort! I am



1 comment:
Congrats on the new job!
Post a Comment