Sunday, April 24, 2011

Our Easter Sunday Best

It is too late to be blogging on a work night, but the picture texts of the boys weren't enough for my sister and mom and they've been waiting for this post all day.  I knew if I didn't get it done tonight then they could be waiting weeks and I didn't want to do that to them.  MiMi bought the boys' outfits.  If I had the money, I'd pay her to be my personal shopper because she enjoys it a heck of a lot more than I do and has more luck, but she doesn't have the boys with her and that is the challenge.  We got ready for church with minutes to spare this morning.  Thank goodness Hope backs up their mid-morning service by half an hour or these pictures never would have happened.  First up, Jack and Daddy.  Marshall quickly ran away.  "Daddy, I want to hold your hand."  Those words melted my heart coming from a little boy always trying to be so big.
Marshall finally joins the shot.
Please pardon all the hair.  We're getting trimmed up this Friday.  I might have to do a redo of these Easter pics when that happens.






Jack took this picture.  It's as close as Travis and I got to having one of the two of us together.

And here's where it all went down hill.  Or up hill to be exact and then down again.

Notice the sucker in his hand.  He spent most of the day with a sucker in his mouth and several more in his hands.



I'm posting these to be cute.  Travis's new work has been on his case since he accepted the job to get them a headshot of him in a collared shirt in front of a blank background.  He was gone last week and the week before he never had a collar on.  We finally had the opportunity this morning after church.  We just now noticed his eyes are shut in both pictures.
Me:  Jack, I need a good background.  Get in front of this bush.
Jack:  I'm going to get in the bush.
Me:  No, Jack, not in the bush.  I won't be able to see you.
Jack:  Yes, you can.
Me:  Oh well.




It was the perfect Easter Sunday.  Church then home for lunch.  An extra long family nap and then outside to fly a kite and ride bikes before supper and bed.  Perfect ending to a perfect weekend made even more perfect tomorrow when we wake up and Daddy is still home with us!  Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Selena said...

Handsome boys! Lawson would've looked like Jack had we not been to the barber shop on Saturday afternoon... it's so hard to make time to do those things. Jack and Lawson have the same shoes - such big boy shoes! Glad it was a fun day.