Sunday, April 24, 2011

St. Paul United Methodist Easter Egg Hunt 2011

It's become somewhat of a tradition for us to go to the St. Paul United Methodist Easter Egg Hunt with the Jostes family the day before Easter every year.  We always finish it up with dinner and play with the Jostes' and this year was no different, but I don't have a single picture of the kids together.  I'll try to do better at our annual Memorial Day celebration.  Since I attended Jack's Easter egg hunt at school and already had pictures of him hunting eggs, I took the camera to Marshall's hunt while Travis went with Jack.  The boys could have hunted together, but I wasn't comfortable turning my 1 year old loose with the big kids, so we headed to the playground with the toddlers.


It started off with a bang - Marshall picking up a few eggs, putting a couple in his basket and holding onto the others.  Here he is throwing a fit when I took what he had in his hands away and put them in his basket, so he could hold on while climbing up to the slide. 
You can see who won that battle.
He would rather play than pick up eggs, so we didn't end up with much loot from his hunt.

I'm glad Travis got a shot of this because this is Marshall's normal position - latched onto my leg.  I think it's his way of saying "Slow down, Mommy!  Wait for me!" because it definitely slows me down.  The worst time for this is the first thing in the morning when I'm in a frenzy trying to get everyone ready and out the door.
As usual, the animals were the kids' favorite part.  Uncle Fudd's Farm was there with pony rides, a goat, a lamb, ducklings, chicks and rabbits.  The same farm is coming to the boys' school Tuesday, so this was just a warm-up for round 2 when they bring a much wider selection.











No comments: