Friday, April 22, 2011

Jack's Class Egg Hunt and Party

Jack's class egg hunt and party were yesterday.  Marshall also had an egg hunt, but for his age group they don't do parties and they don't encourage parents to come around much because it just disturbs the kids' routines.  I understand, but it does make me feel bad to be at the school so much for Jack and do nothing for Marshall.  His time will come.  The weather didn't cooperate, so we had to hide the eggs in their classroom.  They didn't seem to mind.  My pictures are awful, but he was in constant motion, so I took what I could get.






I am not a creative person at all, but when I saw this idea in a magazine for Easter Bunny cookies I knew even I could pull it off.  It was the perfect craft for the party.  Sugar cookies with white icing to make the decorations stick.  Nutter butter cookies for ears, chocolate chips for eyes, jelly beans for the nose and pretzel sticks for the whiskers.







After the cookie decorating, I taught the kids the bunny hop dance.  I couldn't believe no one else had ever done it, but then again, I only remember it from the skating rink.  It was a disaster and didn't last long.  Next up was pin the cotton tail on the bunny.



A million more pictures and I bet I couldn't capture this face again.
Off to the gym for some egg relays.  We gave them plastic spoons and plastic eggs and had them race trying not to let them drop.  It took forever to even start the race because they couldn't stand still long enough for them not to drop.


We finished up with a pizza party with pretzel sticks and strawberries as the sides and their cookies for dessert.  It was a fun time and I feel so blessed to be able to enjoy these times with Jack and can't wait to share them with Marshall!

No comments: