We planned to start our day going up in the Arch, but it became very apparent very quick that we would be there all day waiting. This was my first time going up in the Arch as an adult, so all my previous trips were planned by someone else and I had no idea we needed to buy advanced tickets. Before leaving that morning, we bought tickets for Sunday morning and took a few pictures then headed to see what all the fuss was about City Museum.
Oh. My. Goodness. Let me say that never again will I visit St. Louis without devoting an entire day to City Museum. It was awesome - a playground for adults and kids with no maps! You just had to explore. We were there for 8 hours and I'm quite certain there were several parts we didn't see. We will be back, but not without tennis shoes and comfortable clothes for all of us. Oh and I will be leaving the giant purse and camera at home. The less you have to tote around, the better! And this is why.The next picture was taken after Jack and I climbed up that monstrosity on the roof. There are 4 floors of the museum to explore inside, as well as the roof top and outside on the bottom floor. We started on the roof and Jack started up the above structure before I realized just how high up he was going. Naturally, I had to go after him and luckily Travis realized what I was getting myself into before I did because he stopped me just as I was putting Marshall in ahead of me to climb up.
And this is from the top looking down. There may have been another way down, but we slid down the tunnel we climbed up. There were two parts - the top where you climbed up and the bottom half where people were sliding down right beneath you as you were climbing up.
That school bus is over the edge of the roof. I'm not exactly sure the story behind it, but you can climb inside and of course, we did. Don't think it didn't cross my mind many times that one of these structures could easily collapse with us in it, but my kids weren't going anywhere without me!
Jack loved this little leap pad type deal and did it over and over. Marshall did it with my help. In the middle of July, a little splash of water was welcomed!
Did I mention the way we went down from the roof was by sliding down an 11 story slide? Once at the bottom, we were greeted by more tunnels and climbing. Another note, next time bring head lamps.
There was an indoor train.
Here's parental panic mode - Jack goes climbing into a structure that we weren't quite sure where it led. Marshall of course wanted to go in after him, so Travis and I followed behind. In the middle, Jack's foot gets stuck and Marshall freaks out. This is us in the middle of the chaos.
And this is Travis soaked with sweat once he got out of it. See what I mean about comfortable clothes?
After that episode, Daddy had to take a little break, so the boys and I looked at the turtles and the fish. There's also an aquarium in the museum. This wasn't part of it, but we did go through it and it wasn't one of my favorite parts.
We wanted to get outside before it turned dark, so that's where we ended our night. It was probably the most amazing part of all.
We went back to the hotel exhausted and had no problems at all getting everyone to sleep.





























No comments:
Post a Comment