We had a big vote in Shelby County in August. I'm not very educated politically, but this one was close to my heart. Basically, the Memphis city schools are horrible. It's a big reason we moved to the county when starting our family. In the past year, the city school board gave up on their schools. They forfeited them for the county to take over, but then it was decided that the majority of this county wide school system would be run by the city. So the suburbs have all decided to form their own municipal school districts and this is what we voted on. The boys and I voted early in July. They knew a little about what was going on and the entire time we were there Marshall kept repeating "Mommy, when are we going to vote yes?" I'm happy to report all suburbs passed the referendum, but it isn't over yet. No doubt it will be met by tons of lawsuits and who knows what will eventually happen. I'm just happy we did our part to protect our kids' educations.

No comments:
Post a Comment