Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Card Outtakes Part 1

I ordered the boys Christmas shirts off of Etsy back in mid-October thinking I was ahead of the game.  They didn't come in until last weekend, the exact time both boys were diagnosed with strep/scarlet fever.  I couldn't wait much longer to get the pictures and order the cards, so I bit the bullet and did so today even though both still look a bit broken out in them.  One more thing to check off of my holiday list.  I swear you would think at Jack's age he could understand the concept of stand still and smile for 5 seconds, so Mommy can get the picture she wants and then you can go about your business.  Nope, he was a jitterbug and wouldn't stop moving and he smiled a little too big in most of the pics.  Marshall entertained the idea of pictures for mere seconds and the thought of getting these two to pose together?  Ha!  Anyways, here are the ones that didn't make the cut.  Some are still pretty cute and really show the boys' personalities.  On a side note, why would I decide to do this BEFORE school?  As if I don't run late every single day already?  And after all that trouble, I didn't even use the pictures I took the time to take before school or the ones where the boys are wearing the shirts I waited so long on.  Instead, they're wearing their holiday pajamas that they've had for weeks.  Typical.  By the way, I'm not a photographer nor do I pretend to be.  Some of my best pictures had to be thrown out because I forgot to raise the flash or they're blurry and quite honestly, I'm just too impatient to wait on the perfect moment.  Again, typical. 

No flash
 No face


This is a nervous habit Jack has - he pulls on his clothes.  I pray I can figure how to upload the video we took from his Christmas program today where he practically takes this shirt off on stage.

CHEESE already!





 Blurry - UGH!




Yes, I even attempted to get pictures while they were strapped in their car seats thinking I could maybe get some cute hat shots.  Speaking of, don't you adore Marshall's bear ears and raccoon hat?

Umm, not quite the look I was going for. 






2 comments:

Selena said...

I totally understand the pic situation, as well as the frustration of trying to get them together! It is what it is at this age, I suppose. They will grow up so quickly and then we will wish they were at this stage again, right?! Hope you were pleased with your card picture and I am sure they were super cute in their PJ's. Merry Christmas!

courtney said...

i think they are adorable. kids sitting still and smiling is a myth. i don't think it actually happens.