Friday, December 31, 2010

A Week With Daddy in Texts

One of the perks of Travis's new job is they shut down the week between Christmas and New Year's.  I took off most of the week of Christmas, so I really needed to get back to work, which meant Travis got the boys all to himself.  I kept up with their days through texts and emails from Travis and every day would look back on the day before's messages and laugh out loud.  I thought it would make a pretty cute post, so here goes Travis's week with the boys in text with my narration!

Day 2:
Travis:  He got rag outta his cabinet climbed up & started rubbing his teeth all by himself.
Marshall refuses to let me brush his teeth.  When I try, he clamps his mouth shut tight.  The closest I usually get to cleaning his teeth is rubbing a rag accross them.  Apparently, he now thinks that is how it's done.

Travis:  I cant see u bill!!!!!!
Jack's fish passed away a few weeks ago and Jack has yet to realize it.  When we discovered it, we cleaned the bowl, filled it back up with water and put it back in its place.  Jack hardly ever acknowledges the fish, so I thought the bowl would be enough to distract him from realizing something had happened to Bill until we replaced him.  Well, we still haven't replaced him and he finally figured it out.  At first, Travis told him Bill was hiding under the rocks, but now we've convinced him that Santa took Bill back to the North Pole with him.  I'm just not ready to tackle death with my 3 year old yet.

Day 3:

Travis:  sneeker
After breakfast, Jack disappeared.  Travis found him tearing through Reeses Peanut Butter cups in the kitchen floor.

Travis:  Gate
The kid has oodles of new toys and he chooses pillows to play with.

WARNING!!!  This next picture is not for those with a weak stomach!!!
Travis:  Diahear on front on M pants back was worse!  I threw up twice for i could get all the poop off him & me!  The house sfells like death
Not that this needs much of an explanation, but Travis does know how to spell "smell".  Jack pronounces anything with a "sm" together "sf".

Travis:  My daddy want a showa but I not gon let him

Travis:  Ok shower, success.
Carla:  M asleep?
Travis:  $#&% naw!  He's tryin to get on J's bike!  I'm loadn em both n car & bringin em down there to u.  Jus put M in his 3rd outfit of the day.  SMH (shaking my head).  Spilt a full water sippy and layed n the puddle.  I may jus start crying.

Travis:  This is a "sugar volcano"
Dora is the only one we can think to blame for the idea that this "sugar volcano" will explode and sugar will go everywhere!

Day 4:
Travis:  "Those r the greatest books ive ever seen." - J on the library
Jack loves going to the library and Travis has never been with him.  The plan was to take the boys Thursday morning when they have preschool story hour, but they never made it.  The Pathfinder keys were somehow misplaced and I had both spares with me at work.  They were later found...in the floor of...yep, the Pathfinder!

It was a hard week on Travis I have no doubt, but I also have no doubt that both boys loved every minute of it!  Here are a few videos that were sent as well.

1 comment:

Mary-Kate said...

That is HILARIOUS! Cute cute post.