Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jack's Christmas Party

As Jack's class room mother, I was one of three moms in charge of planning yet another class party.  I am not a creative person.  I am a numbers person - your typical accountant personality.  However, I think I did a pretty dang good job here.  I saw these cookies in Parents magazine and knew I could handle the task.  I baked them and attached the "antlers" and let the kids attach the eyes and noses during the party.  It was a hit and I have like 20 eyeless and noseless "pludolphs" (Jack's name for the red-nosed reindeer) left if you're in the Memphis area and need a Christmas craft for your kid.




I couldn't get the kid to pose for a Christmas card, but give him an apple juice box and he asks me to take a picture.  Go figure.
In addition to the "Pludolph" cookies, we made reindeer feed, decorated ornaments, played pin the ornament on the tree and played hot potato as part of a book swap.  It was a great time and once again I must say how blessed we are to be part of such a great program.

1 comment:

Selena said...

Super impressed with these little cookies; both you and Courtney were shining room moms, I'm sure! Going to whip some up for L's class on Tuesday. :) Thanks for sharing the pics.