Thursday, December 22, 2011

Surprise Visitor

Every year a neighbor of ours dresses up as Santa and visits the neighborhood kids.  Usually he gives us a warning about when he's going to come and gets a list of what the kids want, but this year Travis and I didn't even know when he was going to show up, so it was a shock to us as well as you can probably tell by my attire.  I was home with the boys today and we spent it going through their rooms and the play area weeding out old toys to make room for the new.  We didn't even get out of our pajamas.  Anyways, the kids were surprised and a little freaked out at first.  He gave them both candy canes and for at least an hour after he left Marshall was still saying "Santa candy cane!"



I absolutely love Jack's expression in this picture.  I think it was actually the first one taken, so he was still in awe. 
We are really excited about our holiday weekend plans.  Travis is actually home with us Friday-Monday and after our Nashville trip and his Chicago trip, it will be much needed family time!  I love this time of year!  It's hard not to keep a smile on your face.

2 comments:

courtney said...

i love jack's face, too. it is such an awesome moment to capture!

Selena said...

How exciting! And I love that we aren't the only ones who have pajama day marathons, and are then surprised with a front-door-visitor. ;) Jack's face is priceless, indeed.

Merry Christmas!