Just a few fun things about Kindergarten thus far...
I was met at the car one afternoon by Jack and his teacher and this was on Jack's head. Neither one of them really knew anything other than he didn't have it when he went down for his nap, but he woke up with it and it gradually got bigger. I could tell his poor teacher was upset and she speculated that he was bitten by an ant. As the night went on, it became apparent that this was no bug bite and finally after dinner Jack exclaimed "I know what happened! During my nap I was bored and I rubbed my head on the carpet!" It was a rug burn and you'll see in the coming pictures just how awful it got. I'm so glad that he didn't do this before the wedding or it would have been in all of the pictures. Now I'm just praying it doesn't scar. Who knew you had to warn your children about rubbing their heads on carpet. Who knew my child would even think to do this. SMH
Marvelous Me is a book the kids put together to take home and share with their family when they are "Critter of the Week", which is similar to the "Star of the Week" we are used to from St. Paul. Each child gets a page to decorate as they please showing things about their life. Here is Jack's page front and back. He picked out the picture and as you can tell, labeled them all. I was pretty proud of how it turned out and can't wait to see the entire book in a few weeks.One thing that Jack has really improved on is coloring. Up until last year he was pretty terrible at it to be honest. This year he has art class and while I'm not going to label him an artist, Travis and I are pretty impressed with some of his work. If you can't tell, this is Grover.
And here is some of the work he's brought home.
Kindergarten just isn't the same anymore and honestly, it's kicking our butts! Between all the fundraising, notes, lunch and car numbers to memorize, fees, homework, reading folder, etc., it definitely keeps me on my toes and stressed most afternoons. He is doing so well though and I can't wait to see what all he learns this year.






No comments:
Post a Comment