Travis and I were pleasantly surprised when Jack came home the day after Labor Day with the "Student of the Month" award. We didn't even know such thing existed. I'm not really sure that Jack knew just how great it was that he received it because when I picked him and Kate up that afternoon Kate is the one that told me. She said "Jack's the first Student of the Month. I heard his name on the intercom." When I questioned Jack about it, he got out everything he had received for the award and showed me. It was a certificate for him, one for us as his parents, a blue ribbon and a coupon for a free ice cream treat in the cafeteria. You can guess what he is the most excited about.
Our certificate says that the award is chosen based on the following criteria: good behavior, caring attitude toward others, good attendance and hard worker. We could not be more proud of this little boy. Only one child per class is chosen and he was the first chosen out of his class of 20 kids. You better believe we celebrated that night. He could've asked to go to Disney World and we would have somehow made it happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment