Friday, September 7, 2012

Wedding Weekend - Rehearsal

Get ready for picture overload.  My kids dressed up on the beach...I couldn't help myself.  You might be seeing some of these again on the Christmas cards. 

On August 23rd, we headed down to Alys Beach, FL for Aunt Lindsey and Chris's wedding.  We wanted to make a vacation out of it, especially after seeing the house Papa D and Judy rented for the family, but we didn't want to pull Jack out of school for more than a day and a half.  We left later than planned on Thursday and didn't arrive until 1 am.  Luckily, the kids and I slept the last half of the journey, so we were somewhat rested upon arrival, which was good and bad because the kids got their second wind and stayed up until 3 am!  Jack being Jack and our child, slept until almost 10 the next morning, but Marshall being Marshall and Papa D's grandchild, woke me up bright and early at 7.  I'm only giving these details because they will explain pictures in a later post.  After only an hour and a half nap on Friday afternoon, we headed to the rehearsal at the beach accross the street.  Both boys were ring bearers.
Judy and Abby with Abby the flower girl with Abby wearing the same dress her mother wore in Judy and David's wedding.
Judy and the boys
Judy, "Phoo Phoo" and the boys.  The boys latched onto Phoo Phoo that weekend.
Jack requested this picture of him and Phoo.



What's the big deal about the wedding rehearsal?  I want to watch the tractors next door!



And this is when I started getting a little nervous about the next day.



I couldn't resist some ocean/beach pics in those outfits.




At the dinner.  I've decided if I want to be in any pictures I'm just going to have to take them myself.  Thank goodness for the iPhone camera on both sides.
Any day is good that ends in chocolate cake.


No comments: