Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Maddie Moo!

Madelyn Rose Jostes' birthday is Wednesday, but we celebrated with a pool party at Liz and Craig's house yesterday afternoon. It ended up just being Liz and Craig's parents, us and Jack's Big Big even came along, so it was a true Jostes/Todd family affair! The weather has been beautiful this weekend, so it was perfect to be outside! I realized after uploading these pictures that I didn't even get a shot of the birthday girl. Poor Maddie gets left out of everything with these two rugrats running around.
Jack and Kate really enjoy each other's company and have learned to play pretty well together. Kate has been telling Liz that Jack is her best friend and I know when Jack learns what a best friend is, he will surely agree. Here are the pals eating supper with Liz's parents' supervision.

Afterwards, the kids wanted to play on the swingset and I wish I knew how many times they went down that slide. Jack actually pulled Kate down trying to hug her and then tried to make her sit on his lap.

Reflecting on the great times they've shared.

All that sliding makes a kid thirsty! Jack had a full sippy cup of ice water, but once he saw Kate with bottled water, he had to have one too. Monkey see, monkey do!

1 comment:

liz said...

he's not just her best friend, he's her bestest friend in the WORLD!