Although it was a pretty good idea on how to get rid of the pacifiers, what I didn't think through was how a day at the zoo would mean little to no nap and big meltdowns. Pacifiers got me through these meltdowns in the past. By the time the zoo fun was over and we were walking out to the car, he started asking for it more and more. Asking turned to wailing in the car until he fell asleep on the ride home. At home, he decided he didn't like the snake, but a snack calmed him down until we went to dinner with some friends. He was exhausted at dinner and actually said to me "Home. Sleepy.". I felt so bad. When we got home, Travis was still at a work dinner, so I knew I was all alone in putting him to bed without the papese. He was fine until after his bath when he continuously asked for it and cried at my response. When I finally got him dressed and his hair dried, I bribed him with a movie in my bed. This seemed to satisfy him enough for the moment and he fell asleep in our bed, where he remained the rest of the night.
The plan for today was stay in this morning and get things done around the house, early nap then venture out to the park after nap. I put Jack down around 12:30 for his nap. He asked for his papese with a smile on his face and when I asked where his papese went, he replied "giraffe". When I put him in the bed, he searched for his papese with that same sly smile on his face. After that, everything went normally except for the monsterous almost 4 hour nap he took. It'll be interesting to see how bedtime goes for a well-rested Jack.
No comments:
Post a Comment