Most days Travis tries to stick around long enough to help me get Jack out the door. That wasn't the case this morning, but we made it! I went to wake Jack up a few minutes before 8. Don't most toddlers wake their parents up at crazy early hours ready to get out of bed and take on the world? Not mine and I'm not complaining about the late waking part, but it takes an act of Congress to get him out of bed. He'll now say "Stay in bed.". I'm afraid he's turning into a teenager before my very eyes. In order to get him out of bed, I have to bribe him. "Do you want some muffins for breakfast?" and he said "Um hmm." then "No, I want breakfast.". Okay, whatever. Then it's "At the count of 3, stand up and I'll let you jump out of the bed." His latest favorite thing is to go limp, so we have to drag him. At almost 34 pounds, it just isn't possible for me to handle him this way in my pregnant state, so it either takes bribery or threats to get him out of it.
Once I finally get him on the potty and he does his business, he wants to stay on the potty and read his books. If it were sanitary to feed him breakfast here, I wouldn't mind, but at this point we're within 1/2 hour of leaving the house not dressed, no breakfast, etc. When I do get him up and his hands washed, which has suddenly turned into a fun ritual thank goodness, he runs into the kitchen and says "I did it, Daddy! I peed!" and I tell him Daddy is at work. He doesn't listen. "Daddy, bed?" he asks, "No, Daddy is already at work." I reply, so he has to go to our bedroom to make sure I'm telling the truth, returns and confirms "Daddy, work.".
After I finish my breakfast, I leave him with a little juice in a regular cup to polish off as I go to brush my teeth. The dogs go nuts and I walk into the kitchen to see that Jack has pulled my kitchen chairs up to the counter in order to put the cup up on the counter. I love my little neat freak and I promise you my dogs have somehow learned how to tell on him without words. Of course he forgot his final muffin in a bowl on the den floor, but Max didn't. When I told him what happened he said real dramatic "My muffin!".
Jack always gives the dogs their treats before we leave the house, so I handed them to him and he got in bed with them. Marley is shaking like a leaf not knowing what Jack is about to do and Jack says "Marley. Scared. Me." (Marley is scared of me) and I tell him to be gentle with him. He proceeds to "love" on both dogs, while they snap at him for "loving" too hard. Now before anyone freaks out at the dogs snapping, they are 10 pounds a piece and neither ever snap him, they just warn him and Jack chooses whether or not to respect their warning. He then gets up and says to me "Come on, Big Mommy.". Isn't that disheartening that a 2 year old has realized just how big you've gotten only halfway through the pregnancy. I hope he doesn't learn the word gigantic before December.
No comments:
Post a Comment