Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas with the Lowe's

Mom and Dad came down the day after Christmas to celebrate with us. The majority of their gifts were already under our tree because they brought them down one of the weeks they were staying with us after Marshall was born. However, they brought even more gifts from them, from our extended family and baby gifts for both boys. I'm not joking when I say we opened gifts from 11 to 4 only stopping to eat lunch. Jack was so sweet after opening each gift. "Oh thank you!" he would say and hug both Mom's and Dad's necks. Once again, I failed in the picture department. I only took one. The whole day was just overwhelming to be honest between all the gifts and then trying to put it all away. Travis and I got new bedding that I wanted to put on the bed. The boys got new bathroom stuff that I wanted to put up. And of course with Mom here, I wanted to work on my house. We got a lot accomplished, but it was EXHAUSTING! The ironic part of only taking one picture is that I got a new camera from my parents for a combination Christmas/birthday gift. We've stayed so busy that I honestly just set it up last night. Anyways, now for the one picture. Christmas has completely exhausted Jack. We're struggling to keep him on schedule. He ends up taking late naps, therefore, not going to bed on time and sleeping late in the mornings, so the cycle repeats. Also, he's entered the stage of wanting anyone but us doing things for him. When the grandparents are here, he wants them taking him to potty, reading to him before naps, etc. He wanted Big Big to read to him before his super late nap. When Travis went into check on him, this is how he found them.

1 comment:

liz said...

this photo is PRICELESS!!!