Marshall's 2-month appointment was today, just one day after turning 2 months. Here are his stats:
Length: 23 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 12 pounds 15 1/2 ounces (75th-90th percentile)
Jack's stats at 2 months were:
Length: 23 1/4 inches
Weight: 12 pounds 5 ounces
Looks like the boys are pretty consistent with each other.
I feel like I have diagnosed Marshall with everything - excessive gas, colic, reflux, you name it. The doctor agreed with the reflux and he has been on Zantac twice a day for a couple of weeks now. Marshall is a grunter. Literally minutes after he was born they had the NICU nurses in the room checking him out because he was grunting rather than crying. That trend hasn't stopped and after some feedings, especially in the middle of the night, he will roll around in the bassinet, grunt and spit up like crazy. The Zantac has helped the spitting up, but the grunting continues, so now we're starting Mylanta in addition to the Zantac. Oh my. Jack was such an easy baby. Aside from not sleeping during the day, he had no real issues. Poor Marshall wakes up happy, but as the day progresses, his mood goes downhill. Just like his brother, he's a catnapper and his lack of sleep shows the later in the day it gets. I also truly think the poor guy is in pain at times and it breaks my heart. In addition, his right eye has a partially clogged tear duct since birth. It doesn't seem to bother him, but if it isn't gooey, it's running with tears. So now at 2 months, Marshall is taking Zantac twice a day, Mylanta before bed, gas drops throughout the day and getting his tear duct massaged four times a day. I have a detailed journal to keep up with it all or I would lose my mind!
After saying all that, I had to post the picture above because his smile is infectious! When Marshall is well rested and feeling good, he's all smiles! He's really found his voice and coos constantly. He even laughed out loud yesterday when he saw that I was about to feed him. What a blessing he is in our lives!
He's eating every 2 1/2-3 hours and only waking me once during the night, which would be great if I would just go to bed when he goes. Maybe one day I'll learn my lesson! He loves to watch Jack and Jack continues to be in love with him as well. Yesterday I took them for a stroll in my sit n' stand stroller and Jack sat backwards, so he could face Marshall. Every time his paci would fall out of his mouth, Jack would promptly plug it back in. When Marshall cries, Jack runs to his side saying "It's otay (okay), Marshall, it's otay!" One day Marshall was in his bouncer and not happy at all when Jack started entertaining him. Marshall stopped crying and smiled to which Jack replied "Look, Mommy, Marshall make me funny!" I know I've said it before, but I can't wait to see what life brings with these two precious boys!
2 comments:
what a sweet smile! marhshall is starting to look like jack.
i like the little naked legs and socked feet in the background.
Carla, Marshall looks just like you! Brandi
Post a Comment