Friday, January 1, 2010
Congratulations MiMi and Wuke!
Staying home for Christmas was bittersweet to me. I loved being home with my family. It was nice not to travel and to actually have Santa on Christmas morning rather than several days before. I anticipated being sad missing my family, but honestly, I stayed so busy cooking and celebrating with Travis and the kids that I didn't have much of a chance to think about it. I did miss one big thing in Paris though - my sister's engagement. Luke called me the day before Christmas Eve and told me he was going to propose to Emily at my parents' house on Christmas Day. My heart sunk because I wasn't going to be there to see it, but I was so excited for Emily and it was all I could do to keep the news from my mom and the rest of the family. He texted me Christmas afternoon on his way to Paris and told me to expect at call between 5 and 5:30. Sure enough, the call came at 5. He gave her a gift to open that he said was from his grandparents and it was a jewelry box with an empty ring box in it. When she opened it, he proposed. I had to wait until Tuesday after Christmas to see Emily and the ring, both of which are glowing and beautiful! He did an excellent job, picking out the perfect ring. I can't believe my baby sister is getting married. No doubt she'll make a gorgeous bride. The date is July 31st and plans are already underway. I'm honored to be the matron of honor, but even more exciting to me is that Jack will be the ring bearer. When Mom was talking to him about being in MiMi's wedding and carrying the pillow with the rings, he said "In this hand, I carry the pillow and I hold MiMi's hand with the other." Sweet boy thinks he's walking down the aisle with MiMi. If that's what it takes to get him down the aisle, I bet his MiMi won't mind a bit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment