Monday, October 18, 2010

Kids' Minds Amaze Me

Watching Marshall pick up the remote control and point it to the TV.  Or seeing him feed this rocking horse his pretend potato chips.
The horse was a gift to Jack for his first Christmas from my parents.  If you press his ears, he makes real horse sounds, shakes his head and wags his tail.  This weekend was the first time I showed it to Marshall and he couldn't quite figure it out, but he's been around here long enough to know that there's nothing our animals like better than people food.
Even Jack continues to amaze me as I'm seeing his little mind working daily.  Just last week he told my parents when they failed to make the correct turn to go to our house from his school. When I questioned whether he would like pineapple or tomato juice, his response was "Mommy, I like tomatoes/pineapples, so I'm probably going to like tomato/pineapple juice".  When he saw a semi with an eagle on it, he said "Mommy, look!  It's an eagle truck!" and when I asked what he thought it had in it, his response was "Well, it has an eagle on it, so it probably has eagles in it."  Those are simple things, but he's gaining logic and it amazes me!  Now this video below just plain blew me away.  Most 3 year olds can probably do this, but I had no idea Jack could until last night.

2 comments:

courtney said...

oh.my.goodness!

Selena said...

His kindergarten teacher is going to be soooo happy! :) What a smart boy!