Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Playing at the Mall

For as long as I can remember, I have been dragged to malls all accross the state by my mother and grandmother. I grew to hate shopping, but now that I'm older I really enjoy the time with these special women in my life. However, I still hate to shop and rarely go on any big shopping excursions without them. The time came last week that I absolutely had to make a trip to the mall to complete our Easter outfits and pick up some spring clothes. Courtney, Keegan and Presley met us there and I was determined it would be a short trip and we would be back by Jack's nap at 1, but I also had a list of what we had to have. So after hitting a couple of stores as soon as they opened at 10, we headed to the play area for the kids. Wolfchase has now ruined the play experience for all parents by putting these rides outside of the play area. One time down the slide was about all Jack wanted before he begged to go on the fire truck, helicopter, racecar and Bob the Builder's tractor. Fortunately, Jack couldn't care less about riding them. He just wants to sit on them. Keegan was a different story, so Jack got to ride the racecar and firetruck while Keegan "drove". About halfway through the ride, Jack was done and onto another one. It was all I could do to tear him away to finish our shopping and we didn't end up leaving the mall until 4! Fortunately, he did nap in his stroller, but not until he had yelled "DOOR! GO!! GO, MAMA, GO!" in just about every store we walked in that wasn't for him. I have to say I think his days of shopping are coming close to an end.

1 comment:

HayesFamilyHappenings said...

I can't believe I didn't know that you hated to shop!