Monday, April 13, 2009

Star of the Week

Jack is Star of the Week for his class this week, which means I did a poster full of pictures of him for his class to discuss and then to hang outside his classroom in the hall for everyone else to see. It's a fun project for me, even though I'm not a scrapbooker. I love looking back at old pictures and I still have his poster from last year when he was Star of the Week in the Infant (Snugglebugs) Room. This morning he let out a squeal when we pulled up to the school and as soon as I got him out of his carseat he headed to the other side saying "Jack" and patting his chest knowing he was taking his Jack poster to class.

This year they also said I can send treats for the class and any books, videos, toys, etc. that he would like to share. Today I sent cookies and 2 books - "Little Blue Truck" and "Jack Alan Todd Spends a Day on Sesame Street". "Little Blue Truck" was given to Jack for Christmas by my uncle and his family and it's one of Travis's and my personal favorites. Jack's favorites change from day-to-day and today it was the Little People Easter book and I didn't want to send an Easter book the day after the holiday. He loves the "Beep! Beep! Beep!" book, as he calls it. The Sesame Street book was given to Jack by one of my best friend's little boy, Paul Tusa, for Jack's first Christmas. "Street", as he calls it, is absolutely precious and is personalized naming Jack, Aunt Emily, Cousin Riley, and Paul as visitors to Sesame Street to judge the art contest. I thought Jack might enjoy hearing his name in a book being read to the class.

No comments: