Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Baby Birds!
Jack has had a lot of new experiences with birds, nests and eggs here lately. Last month when we were in Martin, Travis's parents had a nest on their front porch as did my parents. Jack actually got to see the eggs in Mom and Dad's nest and then the baby birds that hatched. More recently, Jack saw the 10 chicks that Granddaddy's hen hatched on Saturday and Granddaddy showed him the cracked egg shells the chicks hatched from. He has farm books and Easter books and Travis has been discussing that baby birds come from eggs with him. Jack also loves to eat eggs. I've scrambled him eggs for breakfast forever now, but I guess he's never actually seen the process. Today I decided to make him an egg salad sandwich for lunch. I had hard boiled the eggs and taken the shells off and he wanted to see them, so I showed them to him. Then I started to smash the eggs with my fork and Jack started yelling "Baby birds! Baby birds!". Bless his heart, he thought I was smashing his baby birds for our lunch. He didn't eat the sandwich either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is kinda sad. you should get him the mo williams book. thereis a bird on my head. nikos loves it.
you will probably being paying for that in therapy later! too funny!
Post a Comment