Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

When we lived on Mud Island, neither Travis nor I were off the day after Thanksgiving. One year we decided to stay home and have a feast of our own and the Jostes' joined us. It became a tradition for the two years we all lived on the Island. We fried a turkey and believe it or not, the first year Liz was about to pop with Kate and the second year we announced our pregnancy with Jack. When we learned that Marshall was due the week after Thanksgiving, we decided to continue that tradition this year and once again, one of us was supposed to be pregnant. Marshall obviously had other plans. Here are some pictures of this year's feast. Mom and Dad were down here helping with the baby, so they joined in as well as Emily. I have to say, it might have been the best Thanksgiving ever. Jack and Kate have gotten to where they play so well together. Here they are playing Play-Doh.

And then they cruised around the house in the cars. Jack kept saying "Bye, Mommy! I'm going to Target to get diapers!" It doesn't take long for our little guy to catch onto his baby brother's needs!

Here's Daddy and his boys.

Here's Craig in the kitchen. Typical picture of Craig. I wish I had narration to go with it.

Maddie really liked my parents, especially Dad. At one point, she followed him into the bathroom!

When I caught a glimpse of this, I had to take a picture. It isn't the best picture of Jack, but I couldn't miss the moment. The more time that goes by, the more comfortable Jack gets with Marshall - a little too comfortable at times. Still, it brings tears to my eyes to see him talking to him and petting him like this.

This picture is for Mom, who hates the swing. I remember the first day we had Jack at home and Travis put him in the swing on the lowest setting. Mom was practically shaking saying he looked like he was on a carnival ride. Travis put Marshall in the swing on Thanksgiving and Mom slowly got out of her seat and went to sit next to the swing. When we weren't watching, she was stopping it. Everyone got a kick out of it.

Here are a few family shots from the night.

1 comment:

liz said...

It definitely was the best turkday day yet! the best one we've had for sure. i totally forgot she followed your dad!!! ha, ha!