Friday, November 6, 2009

Marshall's Progress

I went to the doctor today for my almost 36 week appointment (35 weeks and 6 days, to be exact, which makes it sound further away to me than 36 weeks - I'm not ready for this baby to come just yet). I'm dilated to 1, almost 2, not thinning out just yet and he hasn't dropped. She also tested me for strep and results should be back next week. I tested positive for strep with Jack, which meant 2 bags of iv antibiotics before delivery and he didn't have to be treated at all. Since I did test positive with Jack, I will be treated during delivery with the antibiotics regardless of the results of this strep test. These results will only determine if the baby needs treatment. According to my pregnancy journal with Jack, at 36 weeks and 5 days, I was dilated to 2, starting to thin out and he was starting to descend. Sounds like I'm right on track with last time. I should mention that while I progressed really well with Jack (all the way to 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced at my last appointment), I was still induced 4 days early. We'll see what happens with Marshall, but I'll be absolutely fine if that same trend continues. I go back next Thursday and will let everyone know what happens then.

On a Jack note, last night he took out his play stethescope and put it up to my belly. I asked him what Marshall sounded like and he said "Beep beep!" He's started to really come around and talk about the baby more. Today he pointed to my stomach and said "That my Marshall!"