Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My How Times Have Changed

After college, our get-togethers went from weekly, sometimes daily trips to the local pub to teas, coffees, bachelorette parties and weddings. Shortly after we were all married, they became more infrequent as the baby showers began. We've tried to keep in touch throughout the years and some of us Memphis girls manage to meet for some Mexican food every once in awhile, but the last time we tried that with the kids was pretty much a disaster. So on Saturday, a few of my sorority sisters and I got together at Judith McGee's house for some carryout Mexican and a playdate for the kids. It's comical really because after we returned home, Courtney Vassar and I commented on how we couldn't recall a single conversation we had and we were there for 2-3 hours. I guess that's what happens when kids enter the scene and were there ever kids there - a 6-month old and 9-month old crawling and cruising everywhere, an 18-month old, 2 and almost 3-year old pulling out every toy in the house. Still, I wouldn't trade my time with these girls for anything in the world and consider it such a gift that we can share our little ones with each other. Here are the pictures.
Jack trying his best to ignore Miss Camryn Vassar. She's 6-months old and already crawling and trying to cruise. What a little doll! Her parents both went to high school with Travis and actually set Travis and me up. Courtney and I pledged Chi O together and little Miss Camryn is a Tide fan herself, so just maybe her and Jack will run off to Tuscaloosa together one day.

Here's Jude with her 2 little ones.

And Lindsey with Taylor, who remains fascinated by Jack. She crawled right up to the seat he was sitting in, but he still won't pay her the time of day. I'm hoping he gets more comfortable with babies once Marshall gets here. It's funny because he says that Taylor is his friend, but then he completely ignores her. Maybe he's playing hard to get.

I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Courtney and Camryn, but little miss was on the move most of the day, so it was hard getting a picture of her sitting still! Great time, girls! Can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

liz said...

i nearly laughed out loud when i first saw the picture of jack sitting as far away as he possibly could! with his legs over to the side and everything! ha, ha, ha!!

Judith @ Creating Balance said...

ok, I left my comment on the wrong post...dangit!

courtney said...

i hope they run off to T-Town together because they certainly are not attending UTM!