Monday, November 23, 2009

Update on Marshall


We're still here! Because I tested positive for Group B Strep and because I wasn't in labor at the hospital long enough to get all the antibiotics in me, Marshall has to be observed for 48 hours. I actually had the option of being discharged yesterday, which seems unreal considering it was less than 24 hours after delivery that I was given that offer, but I obviously wanted to stay with the little guy, especially since I'm nursing. Tonight, however, I will technically be discharged at 11 pm and they will only be treating Marshall as a patient. Hopefully, once the pediatrician looks him over in the morning, we will be headed home!

I have tons of great pictures, but no way of uploading them to the computer, so the picture above was taken with Travis's cell phone. Jack has visited twice and he's really warming up to his little brother. He hasn't held him yet, but he's getting more fond of the idea and at this point, we're just glad he's no longer completely ignoring him!

Hope to post more later this week. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love, love, love him. Hope y'all can get out of there early in the morning. Better get all the turkey cheese sandwiches you can before 11 :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
courtney said...

CONGRATS!!! What a sweet baby boy. Glad everything is going well and can't wait to meet the little fella!