The wonderful weekend continued through Mother's Day. I instructed Travis not to get me anything because I wanted to pick out my own gift. Dangerous instructions to follow from your wife, but he was wise and did as I asked. I had my eyes on a few things that I wouldn't otherwise buy for myself just because. As it turns out, he had one of the same ideas and Mother's Day morning we loaded the kids up and headed to Dick's Sporting Goods for this and take a good look because it's the only picture of the kids and myself taken that day.
Yes, I decided I wanted a bicycle complete with a helmet and carrier for Marshall on the back. I swear it looks like I'm sitting on him in the picture and quite honestly, it feels like it when we're riding too. Jack is really enjoying our family bike rides through the neighborhood, but Marshall and I just can't keep up on foot. I felt like a kid that day all giddy from getting a new bike. The last time I was on a bike was probably junior high at best and while I was a little shaky at first, it didn't take long to get the hang of it again. So here's how we spent the afternoon.
This picture was taken from my iPhone when Jack and I took our own little Mommy/son bike ride around the neighborhood while Marshall was napping. We got clear on the other side when Jack said his booty was tired and he was walking. How typical that I finally get a bike to keep up with him and he decides to walk.

1 comment:
Looks like y'all had a great day. I'm sure the boys love being out in the neighborhood with you!
Post a Comment