Friday, May 13, 2011

Muffins with Mom

Yesterday was a day I've been looking forward to all school year.  The three year old classes hosted Muffins with Mom.  After seeing everything from Donuts with Dad, I absolutely couldn't wait for the day to arrive.  Below are pictures of our gifts that marked our places at the table.
Jack likes riding bikes with me, so this is his picture of a bike.



The kids were quietly led in to the front of the room where they sang "I love my mom and she loves me and Mommy is her name-o, M-O-M-M-Y, M-O-M-M-Y, M-O-M-M-Y and Mommy is her name-o!" to the tune of Bingo.  Below are a few pictures of my little star and some videos of the performance.



Afterwards, the kids joined us for a breakfast of muffins, fruit, cinnamon rolls, juice, milk and coffee and you could truly tell how proud each child was to have their mom there.

The moms had an assignment for this special day.  We had to write a letter telling our child how special they are to us.  The letters would be read in front of the class that day.  It sounds like an easy task, but it was hard to explain my feelings in a way that I knew Jack would understand and it took me awhile to write.  At the end of that day, however, when I asked Jack if they read my letter he told me they did.  I then asked what it said and he replied "I don't remember.  Can you tell me?"  Sigh.  Honestly, at that moment, I couldn't remember either, but here is my letter that barely touches just how very special this little boy is to his mommy.
Jack,


You are special to me because you made me a mommy. Being a mommy is my most favorite thing in the world. Your hugs and kisses make me so happy. When you smile, it makes me smile too. Every morning I’m so excited to see you when you wake up and every afternoon I can’t wait to hear all about your day. I love reading books and snuggling with you at bedtime. It makes me proud to see you play soccer, ride your bike and practice writing. You make everyone around you happy and that makes me proud too. I love that you love books just like Mommy and you love to learn new things just like Daddy. You are the perfect little boy for our family and you are special because you are you!

I love you to the moon and back!

Mommy

One of Jack's favorite books as a baby was "Guess How Much I Love You" and at the end of the book the daddy bunny tells his baby bunny that he loves him to the moon and back.  Well, almost every day Jack loves me to the ceiling and back, the car and back, his bed and back, etc.  You get the point.  So the easiest part of my letter was the sign-off.

1 comment:

Judith @ Creating Balance said...

no words...just tears. love it.