Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Marshall at 18 Months

We think you might grow up to be a mechanic because you love working on things with Daddy's tools.
Such a boy right from the start.  You absolutely LOVE playing in the dirt!
Move over, big brother, because little brother is coming through!  You've recently discovered that you can drive the Gator!
If someone were to record me on a daily basis, you would hear "Marshall, get down from there!" played over and over and over.  He is a climber!  This kid is getting into things Jack never dreamed of!  I don't have any stats just yet because his doctor's appointment isn't for a few more weeks, but I wanted to document a few sweet things I know I'll soon forget.

* Bubba has stuck as Jack's name to Marshall.  It's the first word out of his mouth every morning and every night when I put him to bed he wants to know where Bubba is.
* He's finally discovered a love for books, but not just any books.  There are 3.  "Bubba" or "Big Brother, Little Brother", "Dontey" (donkey) or "God Sent a Baby King" about the birth of Jesus and a "Pat the Bunny" book that gives kisses.  He will go through piles and piles of books until he finds these 3 and if you try to read him another book he'll lose interest and jump out of your lap in search for these 3.
* Every night when I put him to bed he'll say "Mama", "Mom", "MAMA!", "MOM!" and finally pat my face to get me to stop reading.  When I stop, he says "Daddy?  Bubba?" and wants me to tell him where they are.
* He can open the dishwasher, so I find dirty silverware all over the house.
* He can repeat almost anything and he's even started saying some two word combinations like "Hey Bubba." and "Night night, Daddy"
* Some mornings he insists on wearing his backpack and walking himself into school while carrying his own lunchbox.  One morning I tried to help him carry the lunchbox and he quickly threw himself to the ground in one of his tantrums until I handed it over completely.  When we got to the door, I noticed he no longer had the lunchbox.  It had been left several steps behind us.

This child is a stinker, but I wouldn't have him any other way!  He wants to do everything himself and everything big brother is doing and more times than not, he succeeds.  I'm dreading the morning I find him out of his crib, but appreciating every full night he stays in it!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Bubba is just fine...Big Big was Bubba for a long time too...I think I might have even called him Bubba at a young age.