We got up first thing Friday morning to get ready for the parade. The town pretty much shuts down around 9:30 and we always park at my grandparents' house and walk to the parade from there, but the parade route is in between my parents' and my grandparents' houses, so getting there presents quite a challenge. Once we finally made it and met up with my aunt Lucretia and cousins Lee, Jennifer, Riley, Aiden and Audrey, we set out for our usual spot and made it just in time. The picture below is of Jack and Riley when they saw the beginning of the parade and those looks are exactly why I make this trip every year.
This was Marshall's first parade. He was sick last year, so we left him at home. I'm not sure that he really understood what was going on, but he enjoyed being there with the big kids and was such a trooper.
When Jack saw the first vendor walk by, he decided he wanted a horn. We don't buy one of anything anymore, so I came back with not one, but two horns. And two quickly turned to three when Riley wanted one too. Lucky for Lee, Aiden and Audrey never joined the band wagon.
Towards the end, Marshall got interested in the buckles on his stroller. He spent forever on them and when he finally got one fastened he turned to me with the biggest grin, clapped and said "Yay!"
Here's a video I took of the kids dancing/marching to one of the bands. I didn't notice until now that Marshall is trying to march just like the big kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment