We were playing outside a couple of weeks ago, actually on one of the chillier May nights, when Travis and I heard a familiar sound...the ice cream truck. I remember growing up with this truck being somewhat magical to me. Well, as many things in Memphis are, the ice cream trucks and their drivers here are a bit scary, or at least the ones I've seen driving through our neighborhood are. It was odd because like I said, it wasn't at all warm, much less hot, but sure enough at 7 PM he came rolling by. Jack was riding his bike and I wish I had a video of his reaction. He was making a turn when the truck, or really van painted up red, white and blue came around the corner playing it's music. Jack's eyes never left the truck as his bike tipped over and he fell off saying "What kind of truck is that, Daddy?" Every summer at St. Paul's Summer Fun program, the ice cream truck pays a visit, so he's seen it before, but this was the first time he's seen it at our house and of course, we had to stop him.
Who knew snow cones now come prepackaged?

No comments:
Post a Comment