Sunday, September 4, 2011
Gulf Breeze, FL - Day 4 The Gulfarium
On Wednesday, we drove to Fort Walton Beach to the Gulfarium. I went to the Gulfarium when I was in junior high, but I remembered very little about it. The boys have been to the zoo tons, but they have never really seen marine life, so I knew they would love it! It's a must-do if you are ever in the area with kids. They have shows/feedings/keeper chats lined up every half hour in 2-hour intervals. It's pretty small, so you can plan on seeing it all in 2-2 1/2 hours, which was plenty for the boys. We started off with the Sea Lion Show.
In between shows, we walked around. Here are the lemon sharks that we watched being hand fed by their keeper.
Sea turtles
Sea otters
Sting rays
Jack feeding a sting ray. Travis and I also fed them and Marshall tried, but he wasn't quite big enough.
Jack petting a tortoise.
The only family portrait we had made on this trip.
This little guy scared Marshall he got so close.
Our absolute favorite - the dolphin shows! There were 2. One was an actual show and the other was a training demonstration. Both were equally amazing. We could watch them all day long! Travis and I were trying to figure out how they've trained these dolphins (solphins, according to Marshall) to pick up their pool area when we can't even train our kids to do the same!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment