Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Grandparents Day!

They say it takes a village to raise a family and I can definitely agree with that theory.  Growing up I was at my grandparents' house at least 6 out of the 7 days of the week.  They played a huge role in my raising and are playing a large roll in the raising of my children as well.  The boys adore their grandparents and great-grandparents and today on Grandparents' Day, I want to pay a small tribute to the huge contribution they have made in our lives.  Jack's teacher sent home questionaires to ask about each grandparent and I thought it would be cute to post them on here along with some pictures of the boys and their grandparents.

Sissy

My Grandmother, Sissy, is special because she belongs to me.
I like it when my Grandmother, Sissy, goes to a movie with me.
My Grandmother, Sissy, can do many things!  I think she's best at going to the movies.
My Grandmother, Sissy, has a great smile!  I like to make her smile by I make her laugh sometimes.
My Grandmother, Sissy, is smart!  She even knows making sugar cookies.
My Grandmother, Sissy, is as pretty as a purse.

Judy
My Grandmother, Judy, is special because of me.
I like it when my Grandmother, Judy, jumps.
My Grandmother, Judy, can do many things!  I think she's best at clapping.
My Grandmother, Judy, has a great smile!  I like to make her smile by I smile to her and she smiles back at me.
My Grandmother, Judy, is smart!  She even knows how to clap.
My Grandmother, Judy, is as pretty as Sissy.

Big Big

My Grandfather, Big Big, is special because he belongs to me.
I like it when my Grandfather, Big Big, gives me snacks.
My Grandfather, Big Big, can do many things!  I think he's best at getting new and different kinds of snacks.
My Grandfather, Big Big, has a great smile!  I like to make him smile by making funny faces.
My Grandfather, Big Big, is smart!  He even knows how to jump.
My Grandfather, Big Big, is as handsome as a new pillow.

Papa D


My Grandfather, Papa D, is special because of me.
I like it when my Grandfather, Papa D, takes me to the barn to ride the tractor, Ranger and golf cart.
My Grandfather, Papa D, can do many things!  I think he's best at taking me on the John Deere, golf cart and Ranger.
My Grandfather, Papa D, has a great smile!  I like to make him smile by taking pictures on the John Deere tractor.
My Grandfather, Papa D, is smart!  He even knows how to jump.
My Grandfather, Papa D, is as handsome as a jumper, bouncy thing.

I quit on the questionaires here because a 4-year old can only come up with so many answers to the same questions and his attention span was fading.  I do, however, want to post some pictures of the boys with my grandparents.  They are so sweet to them and they have a very special bond. 




Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the boys with Maw Maw and I could only find a picture of Judy with Marshall.  The older I get the more I understand my mom's, grandmothers' and mother-in-law's feelings toward having their picture made, but after searching my computer for awhile now for this documentation I'm vowing to do better in the future!  We love each and every one of you and are so blessed to have you in our lives.  Thank you for all that you do in helping us raise our boys.  You are all a part of who they will become and we look forward to sharing them with you for many years to come!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Handsome as a new pillow and gives out snacks...oh what I will do with this information the next time I see Big Pillow!

courtney said...

what sweet memories for jack. and i love that he associates big big with snacks and papa d with tractors. perfect.