Sunday, September 4, 2011

Gulf Breeze, FL - Day 7 Driving Home

After loading the car, we decided to take one more drive through Fort Pickens to check out how rough the water had gotten as the storm got closer.  Here's the sweet boys snuggled up and ready for a long ride home.  Marshall picked his penguin out at The Gulfarium and Jack has his beloved "Baby White".








That's water over the road. 



I can't forget the newest addition to the family - "Crabble Nabble" or "Crunchy Munchy", as Jack has called him both.  Marshall just calls him "Crab".  This little, or actually, this big guy is keeping us up at night.  He wants out of that cage and he isn't attempting it quietly.
As I finish up my vacation posts, we're unpacked, groceries have been bought and put away, laundry is done and all the sand has been cleaned out of the car and carseats.  It will be nice to have the holiday at home with pretty much everything done, so I can enjoy the boys for one more day before we return to the real world.  I'm still sad we lost a day to the storm and just sad that the vacation is over.  I don't know that I ever want to go on a vacation that I want to end because that would mean it wasn't a very good one.  This will go down as the best vacation we've taken to date together as a family of four and just one of the best weeks spent together period.  I wish I had made a quote book of all the funny, sweet things the boys said.  We're already planning a short return in October to soak in a few more days.  I just can't get enough of my sweet, precious family and I feel so blessed for every single moment we get to spend together. 

2 comments:

Selena said...

Carla, All of the pictures are so good... They are both so handsome and it seems like they are good buddies, too. :) Thanks for sharing, it looks like a great trip!

Susie said...

Making good memories..Loved all those pictures. Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.