The first day of the boys' Fall Break was the only forecasted nice one, so we headed to My Big Backyard. Jack had been asking to go back for awhile now and I figure we're about to run out of good weather until spring. My one goal for the trip was to get a good picture of Marshall in his Titans jersey for his football themed birthday party invitation. Mission accomplished right at the start.
I told the boys we were not going to get wet this trip because it was too cool outside. Not entirely true, but it was cooler than last time. I brought 2 towels and extra clothes just in case, but they were pretty good about only wading in the water and not sitting in it. That's until the big uh oh. Little brother can't quite keep up with big brother, but he sure tries. Marshall was running in the creek and I hadn't gotten the words "Don't run, Marshall!" out of my mouth before he fell face first. I thought he missed the main parts, but when he raised up he had a mouth full of blood. Those of you who grew up with me know that I don't do well with blood AT ALL. Had Travis or another responsible adult been with me, I probably would have bowed out, but there I was alone with a bloody mouthed toddler and a mouthy preschooler mad that he had to leave the fun to tend to brother. Did I mention I didn't even have my diaper bag with me? So no wipes or anything. We headed to the bathroom and the tears had stopped when we got there. It was just a busted lip. All teeth were intact and we headed back to the wading pond.
Afterwards we met Daddy at Chili's for lunch to top off the fun morning we'd had.
1 comment:
looks like a fun day minus the busted lip!
Post a Comment