Monday, October 31, 2011

Preschool Halloween Activities

St. Paul Preschool kicked off their Halloween festivities with a parade of all classes in costumes to Halloween music followed by the whole group singing a few spooky songs like "God is Greater Than the Boogey Man" and "5 Little Pumpkins".  I wish I had video, but the picture below basically sums up Marshall's performance and Jack was hidden behind some other kids, so Travis and I both spent the entire performance trying to get an angle where we could actually see him.
The girl holding Marshall's hand is Shelby, Alesia's daughter.  She stayed home from school today and helped with Alesia's class.  I think she was basically Marshall's personal assistant for the day.  We do love "Belby".
Maddie Moo is the one we needed video of as she strutted her stuff into the room.  She so owns her divaness.
After the parade, the kids trick-or-treat to the different classes.  I took Marshall and Jack together with Jack's class.  This was his first realization of just how great Halloween and trick-or-treating are.

And after trick-or-treating I joined Jack's class for their party.  Marshall's group doesn't party just yet.  Their fun begins next year.

There are 3 room moms and we had 6 stations, so I didn't have much opportunity to get pictures of Jack at the other activities.  Here he's with me decorating a milk jug like a ghost, an idea I got off of Pinterest.  I always leave these parties feeling like they were total chaos, but the kids appeared to have fun and that's all that matters.  I think that just goes to show that I'm not suited to be a preschool teacher.  
While we were cleaning up from the party, the teachers gathered the kids for freeze dance, something they apparently do a lot in their class.  It was precious!  It's probably pretty obvious, but they dance until the music stops and then they freeze.  Kids are eliminated if they are still moving when the music stops.  Jack made it to the final three.  I loved watching it!


No comments: