Easter weekend was a blur of activity - 2 birthday parties, a soccer game, an Egg hunt, dinner downtown with friends, church and Easter celebrating at our house. WOW! It all began Friday night with Garret's birthday party at Pump-it-up. Garret is a school friend of Jack's. They have been in class together since they were babies, but this year Garret got moved up to the older 4's and Jack is a younger 4. Jack said "Garret is still my friend even though he isn't in my class anymore." and he was really excited to be invited to his party. Garret's mom sweetly told me I was welcome to bring Marshall, so I did because Travis needed to mow the yard and I knew Marshall would enjoy it. However, Pump-it-up parties in the past are anything but enjoyable with Marshall. He could climb the big slide, but he was always so slow the big kids continuously passed him, so I felt the need to go with him. He desperately wanted to do the obstacle course, but that includes 2 climbing walls that are next to impossible for me much less him. This time I just sat back to see what he could do and luck for me he could do it all! I was a little nervous over his first attempt at the obstacle course and sent Jack along to help. I have to say that Jack is finally stepping into the big brother role. Earlier in the week he helped Marshall through the Chickfila playground and made sure the other kids cleared the way for him. I was fairly confident he could help him through most of this as well. I watched from the side as Marshall climbed the first wall.
And then he disappeared from view and this was the next thing that I saw...Jack and no Marshall.
Me: Jack, where is your brother?
Jack (looking down behind him): Uh oh, he just fell off the wall. I have to go back around and help him.
Jack slides down and goes back in and my palms starting sweating picturing my baby laying on the ground crying for me. I began to head towards my purse where I tucked my required pair of socks in case I had to get involved in the child's play when all of a sudden (Superman music playing in my head)...
He did it! Over and over he made it through the obstacle course unassisted and for the first time I was able to sit with the other moms and enjoy a birthday party. Success!!!
Here's a picture of Jack with his classmates. I sure will miss these guys next year as they will all go their separate ways for kindergarten. Left to right is Jack, Jesse, Garret, Aiden and Jack Colley.






No comments:
Post a Comment