The Thursday before Easter was the boys' Easter Egg Hunts and parties at school. As usual, I was at Jack's events, but not Marshall's. His time is coming. Also as usual, it rained and the egg hunts had to be held indoors. We did something new with Jack's class. Each child was responsible for bringing a dozen eggs stuffed with candy. We labeled each egg with a number 1-12. Our hunting area was a hallway. Can you imagine how easily 4-5 year olds can find eggs in a hallway and how hard of a time their moms had hiding them? That's where the numbers came in. We lined the kids up with their baskets in the hall. First they all had to find an egg with a 1 on it. Theoretically there were 15 of these, 1 for each of the 15 kids in the class, but some were absent that day and some sent extra, so we had plenty of each number. Then they came back to their baskets and waited for everyone to find their number 1 egg and you guessed it, they were onto 2. The egg hunt lasted almost an hour, which was perfect.
This was the only picture I got of Marshall and you can tell I snapped it quick trying not to let him see me as he walked into the library with his class for their hunt.
After the egg hunt, we went back to the classroom for some crafts before lunch.
This was the last class party the room moms are responsible for. I have thoroughly enjoyed being Jack's room mom and it's one of the many reasons I treasure my flexible work schedule. All week Jack woke up saying "I'm so excited you're going to be at my school for my party!" That makes every bit of the hard work and money spent worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment