Before kids, I walked the dogs almost every day. Of course that was also when we lived on Mud Island, which is the absolute best place to walk anyways. I attempted a few walks with both dogs strolling Jack when he was a baby, but it was just too hard, so I convinced myself that they got plenty of exercise running around the back yard and put their leashes away. Last week Jack asked if we could walk the dogs. I was pretty nervous at first, but I gave Marley to Jack with strict instructions to put the leash around his wrist AND hold it tight in his hand. Marley is the easiest of the two to catch if he were to get loose. Marshall and I took Max meaning I let Marshall wrap the leash around his wrist and think he was leading him, but I had a tight grip on it as well. Off we went through the neighborhood on a short walk that went really well. The dogs loved it and all four boys were exhausted that night at bed time. Since then we've gone on two more walks, one pretty long one, so this may start to be a regular occurence, which would be good for all of us.




No comments:
Post a Comment